Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Test fabric bird

So, my plan is to make my own wedding cake. The ability to bake and the knowledge that  a cake will cost around $500 to buy seems to make this decision a no brainer. As long as I'm organised.

The other decision was to make my own cake toppers if we decide to have them. I thought two handmade birds would be sweet but I run a razors edge with the potential of them looking utterly tacky. But, there's no harm in trying.

This afternoon I had a look at some pictures of birds, and sat at my window with a pen and paper to try and make a pattern. I cut the pieces out of calico and quickly stitched them together. It's really rough but my aim at the moment was just to get something looking like a bird for me to work with. Here it is:







No comments:

Post a Comment